[FWDLK] 2speed to 3speed pushbotton problem

[FWDLK] 2speed to 3speed pushbotton problem

Took the Powerflite out of my '59 Dodge and put in a Torqueflite.  Took out the 2spd pushbuttons and put in the 3speed pushbuttons.  Have a new cable from buttons to trans from Imperial Services.  I am not getting enough travel or throw on the cable movement to allow the selector in the trans to fully drop into its detents regardless of cable adjustment.   Now it can't be the new cable is too long or too short because it is still the end distance that matters.   Is there a different ratio on some push button assemblies from different years?   I don't know what my 3spd buttons came from - I had them on the shelf for years.

I'm really baffled on this one.  Suggestions appreciated.

Wayne G