Re: [FWDLK] Hidden VIN

Roger:

     On the 56 Plymouth Fury, the hidden number is stamped on the outside of the frame, left rear frame hump, behind the tire.  The frame number is the same as the engine number.  Maybe this is the way engine and chassis were matched at the factory.   It is quite possible that other years and makes used the same identification.  To find the number, you will have to remove the left rear tire and scrub the frame with a wire brush to see it.  Don't use anything sharp for fear of screwing up the numbers.

     My numbers appeared after sand blasting the frame.

     John Teske