Re: [FWDLK] Kanter Carpet kits

Larry, I forget what car you have, but, especially if you only need black material (57+ Dodges had cut-pile, not loop pile) and/or if you have a suitable carpet remnant, for stitching/pattern match, and/or if someone can provide you with stitching/pattern matches from their own car, any competent local upholstery shop can custom-make carpeting for your car, which will also be a perfect match, to your car's particular
floor pan configuration.

No "oops"-moments involved, and that upholstery shop should be able to get exact-same carpeting, if it's not already on hand, and, you can examine whatever they do have,
before it's ever installed onto your car.

Our cars did not have molded carpeting, just a couple sheets of carpet matting laid down
and cut-to-fit, over 3/4" (??) jute padding.

BTW, and at least on Dodges, there was no sewn selvage installed along the cut-edge of the front carpet section, where it over-lies the rear carpet section by several inches.

Very simple construction, and you WILL be satisfied with the results, or else you will know to
whom to complain, if it's not OK with you.

Neil Vedder

Larry Gardinier wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with Kanter's carpet kits? Specifically the sewn loop pile. I know there are really only a few carpet kit companies and everyone else retails them. I also know some of those kits suck I just don't know which ones. If you have a favorite supplier I'm all ears.
Thanks,
 Larry Gardinier
    From: Wayne Graefen <wgraefen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

    Gary has sent me a couple of important points to post:

    From GARY.....             It is best to have these folks call me
directly at my home (909)874-0985 or on my cell (951)662-2868. Also if you could let everyone know this is NOT a business so it
    may take some time to get back with them, as I am still in the
    restaurant business full time. I will do my best to be diligent,
    but many of these requests take time to check on. Most of the cars
    are parts cars, but there are still some good solid restorable
project cars.
    So keep those things in mind.  This is NOT a salvage yard.  This
    is Gary and his father's personal stash of cars so have some
    patience as he responds to you.  Got it?

    Wayne G