Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 11:08 PM
Subject: RE: [FWDLK] 2speed to 3speed pushbotton problem Additional Clarification

Roger,

You said:

?I had had a club member build me the original TF and supply me the cable assembly.  In my troubleshooting I found that this club member had built me a TF using a 59 case which was not what I had bargained for.  I also found that he had supplied me a 59 cable assembly (I had found the external push button assembly elsewhere).  Based upon this finding, I decided to try a 56 assembly and all was well.?

So, in your experience, a 59 TF and 59 cable worked well with a 56 pushbutton assembly. Right?

I would have thought the drum at the rear of the tranny would be the same, weather 56 or 59. My 62 TF 727 drum is identical to the 56 PF drum, except for the spline count. I reused the PF backing plate and all the internal brake parts on the 727, so I could reuse the original cable. I needed a new driveshaft simply because the TF was about 5 inches longer than the PF. I had it built with a U-joint and slip yoke in front. Photo attached.

Dave