Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:39 PM
Subject: [FWDLK] Radiator caps

I have a 57 & 58 Belvedere both w/a 318.  The other day my top hose from the radiator to the engine sucked in once I arrived at a show.  A friend at the show told me he suspect my Radiator cap maybe bad and not venting.  Once the car cools, and I release the cap, the hose goes back to it's normal shape.  It again did this on the way home.  I did notice the rubber at the bottom of the spring was expanded and made it tough to take off the radiator.  I believe this is the problem, but I am having a hard time finding the NOS style cap without the lever.  The cap I am running is a "#14, BC13"  14 lbs?  Does this sound correct for a '58 w/a 318.  If so where can I get the proper cap?  can't recall where I got the 2 I am using.

Thanks,
Mike Morelli
Gbury, CT
57 & 58 Plymouths