From: debenson2
Sent: Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:03 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Air Conditioning Unit for a 1957 Plymouth

This one is made by Acme air, but Vintage air sells an exact copy of the mark IV, in '05 when I did this was the closest one I could find. This under dash unit is really too big and can make the car ICE COLD!!! next time I would go down a size and save some cash and knee room too.
I only cut two small holes to run the lines via the firewall and two small tube holes just at the bottom of the firewall and just in the fat part of the trans hump for the drain lines...., and they are under the heater plenum so not seen. The cowl vent still works and opens as it should.
The compressor is a new style Sandbloom I think is the name.
I used an idler pulley on top between the compressor and generator and ran the whole thing around the pulley on the generator, as at the time I did not have a two groove crank pulley.
Works and looks fantastic, I get great feedback at the shows, and a cool family on the way to them!!
I also added a puller fan with a thermostat on the radiator but that never turns on even on hot stop and go drives.
I am looking for some under hood photos and when I find them I will pass them along too.

debenson2
431056
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55443 USA
debensonii@xxxxxxxxxxx