[FWDLK] jerking of take off.

I wonder if anyone has this happen to them in there car,  I have a 56 dodge with torqueflite..  when Im taking off say 20-30- or even 40 mph, if I step it down not into second but in third, the car jerks like its missing one one or two cyls.. but its not,  if I step it down really slow,  it speeds up fine,  only when you step it down further and in third gear…and its not missing…. anybody?

mel