Re: [FWDLK] Octane

I routinely install regular grade gas in my car (87 octane) , also a 57
D500 with 9.25 :1 combustion ratio, year round here, at 4K' elevation,
without any apparent adverse reactions.

You can adjust your car's timing to the gas grade, and just don't try to
do anything dumb, while using the lower octane.

Name brand gas does have more-better additives than the discount brands,
but the base-gas is all the same chemical substance; when the tanker
pulls up to the refinery, or wherever it gets its gas, the attendant
figures out what brand/type of product the tanker is supposed to
receive, and, just like the way your local hardware store mixes up
paint-to-order
colors, the attendant adjusts some valves and differering quantities of
additives are added to
the base gas, to produce "Shell", or "Texaco" or "CitiesSevice", or
BumFart blended gasoline.

It is claimed that higher octane might produce better MPG, but,
gas-is-gas ; the difference between the commercial products is the
quantity and quality of the additives which are put into the gasoline.

Neil Vedder