Re: [FWDLK] QUESTION ABOUT RUBBER FENDER GUARDS

Re: [FWDLK] QUESTION ABOUT RUBBER FENDER GUARDS

Ed , the rubber inner fender mud flaps were factory stapled to the inside of the inner fender, with the staples being put very close to the edge(s) of the inner fender openings,
and inserted from the interior-side of the engine compartment.

What I did with my Gary Goers replacement mud flaps was: position them over the inner fenders, and then have someone push needles through the staple holes, from the wheel-well side, to mark the locations of the OEM staples onto the G.G. mud flaps.

I then bought commercial heavy staples and pushed them through the needle holes, but
THEN, used metal-epoxy to glue the flaps to the inner fenders.

The G.G. mud flaps look like OEM installations.

I can send you some pics, if you like.

Neil Vedder

Ed Eckerson wrote:
Hello Group
Concerning the rubber front fender guards that protect the engine from water and stuff splashing up through the upper A-frame area............................................ How are they SUPPOSED TO set?????????????
The flap inboard and OVER the upper A-Frame shaft and shock nut?
or outboard and over the upper A-FRAME itself
THANKS
ED ECKERSON