[FWDLK] FW: [GFS] A tremendous loss, the passing of Tom Mitchell

Very sad news…  Tom will be GREATLY missed.

-Dave

From: William Lewis
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 6:22 PM
Subject: [GFS] A tremendous loss, the passing of Tom Mitchell

Hello GFSers,

With great sadness, I have to inform you of the loss of Tom Mitchell on Saturday, August 23.  Tom was struck with a brain aneurism on Friday and unfortunately was unable to recover.

Services will be held at the church where the Mitchell family were members, the Forum Boulevard Christian Church in Columbia, Missouri where family and friends will be received from 5 to 8pm Tuesday, August 26.  Final services will be held at 10AM Wednesday at the Church and burial will follow at Memorial Park Cemetary.

Memorial contributions may be made to Show Me Christian Youth Home, PO Box 6, La Monte, MO 65337; and Central Christian College of the Bible, 911 E. Urbandale Drive, Moberly, MO. 65270.  Tributes can be left online at www.memorialfuneralhomeandcemetary.com

I want to thank Glenda and Tommy Pike, for passing this unfortunate news, to me and pointing me in the right direction to obtain the above information.

Our hearts and prayers go out to Tom's wife, Melody; and their children Tommy and Melissa and their families.

Tom was a charter member of our Golden Fin Society, a man who was of help to any of us who needed it.  He volunteered to be our '58 Fury tech expert and fulfilled the role beyond all expectations with prompt returns of queries by members, and his quick response to developing GFS standards for the '58 Fury.  He suggested the idea of a GFS National, and volunteered to host the very first one at his home in 1999.  Tom also took on the chore of providing our Nats T-Shirts and excelled at that job in each and every National event through the present.  He knew our cars as well as anyone and was quick to share that information.  He will be sorely missed and never forgotten - a very special man.

Sincerely,

Jack Lewis