[FWDLK] PELLON; who knew?

I was reading the L.A. Times today, and there was an article about bogus
jeans and there was a mention of the righteous material having Pellon
reinforcement in the pocket areas.\

As I'm certain everyone of us is aware, Pellon was the Wonder-material
liner applied to the 57+ (anyway) MoPar  vinyl seats, to provide
resilliancy  and wrinkle resistance.

Pellon looks like a sort of nylon mesh, which serves to reinforce the
vinyl and anyone who has compared the inherent substance and quality of
SMS's correct color and texture vinyl material, to the OEM stuff, comes
away very un-impressed with SMS's product.

The greatest extent of compression cyle fatigue occurs at the lower
sides of the front seat.

I always suggest that whenever possible, good condition OEM
Pellon-reinforced vinyl be recovered from the seat back areas, or
elsewhere that a large section might be salvageable,  and that it be
installed in the lower seat areas, as it appears  to be a lot stronger
stuff than SMS's thin, un-lined material.

Anyway, I was unaware that Pellon was still in existence, or what its
development history might be.

I searched for "Pellon"  and found this site, if successfully attached,
to this message.

This page discusses the history of Pellon.

Pellon was/is not merely a promotional gimmick.

Neil Vedder