[FWDLK] Help Re: Aluminum trim & shocks

On my original '59 Plymouth Belvedere, the aluminum trim appears spotty in the dimples of the metal.  When looking directly at the trim,  these spots do not show. However from an angle they show up. I have tried various cleaning compounds, including Nevr-dull, to no avail. Anybody out there got any suggestions? Does anyone out there know of a supplier for front and rear shocks for this car??
Thanks Don