[FWDLK] 1958 Imperial convertible: replacement panels for trunk floor, i

[FWDLK] 1958 Imperial convertible: replacement panels for trunk floor, inner rear quarters, rear support brackets

Hello everyone!

Thanks again for everyone’s help with the 1956 door handles and interior.

While I am in Australia, I am looking at having the paint done on my ’58 Imperial over the winter.  The trunk floor really is in remarkable condition for a late ‘50’s Chrysler convertible, but there are three holes approximately up to 1 ½” in diameter on the passenger side trunk floor in the corners.  I wasn’t able to get a good look when I checked out the car this summer, but there are also what appears to be curved support pieces underneath the car near the bumper brackets made of rolled steel with the same thickness as the trunk floor that will also need to be replaced (I know I am not describing this very well!).    The inner quarter panels look solid but won’t know for certain until we start digging into the car.

Does anyone know of someone who may have these panels available?  Are they specific to the convertible?

Thanks for your help,

Eric