[FWDLK] 1961 D 500 Dart

Hi everyone.I just recently met a young guy that told me he is restoring a 61 D 500 Dart.He sent some pictures and sure enough it looks like the real thing(Back emblem included).What I want to know is how to decode the vin and what else should we look for to determine the authenticity of the car.Any production numbers would be great also if anyone has them. Thanks in advance.   Jack in love;y warm Michigan