From: Paul Holmgren <paulholm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [FWDLK] modern parts numbers lookup
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, September 26, 2008, 8:54 AM

Paul Holmgren wrote:
 > Oh man, $$ shock!!   Whilst out and about running errands we stopped
at the local Chrysler Stealer. I needed to see about a few SMALL parts
for the Wife's PT GT convertable.  The little rubber 'grommet' that

cushions the locating pin for the front edge of the top as it contacts
the windshield frame was $30.oo each.
 > It's Nothing more then a fat o-ring with a flaired outer edge.

 > Then the plastic pocket the little pin goes into was not available by
it self, so the $$ on the 'latch' part that the plastic piece is in was

$55.oo each.  OUCH!!!!!!

 > Needless to say, at this time we didn't even think about ordering the

stuff.  I'll check out the 'Pic-n-Pulls' in the area.

Hot Dammy Sammy,  located a chrysler parts number look up site.
It has the parts book online WITH diagrams so that one can discover
part numbers for the modern chrysler corp vehicles.

http://www.chryslerparts.net/

It looks like they provide a DIY lookup service covering 1982 to 2008.

I found the part numbers for the worn out parts for the wifypoos PT GT!
Wahooo!

PSSTTT   if one knows what they are doing, it should be able to be
SAVED on your local PC for local (offline) study anytime.

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy