Re: [FWDLK] Maximum Overdrive

That makes a lot of sense, but I wouldn't recommend that gear ratio with a Powerflite unless you are content just to cruise. I had a 1958 DeSoto Firesweep with the 350 engine and powerflite many years ago. I am pretty sure it had around a 3.36:1 rear end. At the strip the car was just too hard to get going, I was running down most other cars I raced, but it was hard to make up a two or three car lead from the start. That old car was almost impossible to beat from 30 mph though.

Bill Huff