Re: [FWDLK] 315 vs 325??

Folks:

I looked up the numbers debenson 2 provided and here is what I found.

     1730429 5 - I believe this is the casting number on the block that doesn't necessarily coincide with any MoPar part number.  Blocks with same casting numbers to my knowledge were bored and stroked for different engine set-ups.

     16429 - Don't know what this is.

     D-500 8181 - This is a D500 made in Detroit.  8181 is probably the numerical sequence of this engine in the D500 production.  According to my references, this is only a 354 cid engine with various horse powers depending upon carburetation and cam shaft set up.

     D500-1 - This is a 354 cid, 340 hp, 10:0:1 compression ratio, with 2x4 carburetion.

     KD500 - 1xxx - Possibly a Dodge Coronet reference.

     John Teske