[FWDLK] Charging/Braking Questions

I had the 57 out for a short run today.  Every time it sits for a time (couple weeks in this case), it will seize up.  By that, I mean I can put the transmission in gear, floor it and, although I can feel it straining, it does not move.  When it breaks free, it spins the wheels (gravel drive), and goes a bit, then seizes up again.  Works better if I put it in reverse.  Once it gets up the drive a bit, it drives fine.  Not sure if it is the brakes, the e-brake, or what.  Does not pull left or right when braking, and the transmission fluid is fine.

Other problem I noted today is the amp gauge fluctuates constantly back and forth, not in any rhythm, but constantly.  Could it be the brushes in the generator, the voltage regulator, or the gauge itself?

Not many more days when I can get the FL cars on the road here, as the first hard freeze is due tonight.  Bah Humbug!

Larry (Akron, Ohio)