Re: [FWDLK] More Transmission questions. Repairing shift cable

Re: [FWDLK] More Transmission questions. Repairing shift cable

I have been successful using a technique that George Riehl taught me... with a small pry tool open up the coupling. It is soft and can be opened usually without damage but be delicate with it opening just a small section at a time.   Then cut off two inches or more of the rotted tubing. Clean out the coupling thoroughly and put a little sealer into the it. Insert the clean good section of the tube into the coupling and recrimp.  Reinstall in the trans with new o rings. ...Reducing the two inches or so at the other end will not cause any problem since you above the level in the trans.  I am sure that others have tried this with success.