[FWDLK] Import vs. export

I think its much more complicated than that.  This has been an issue for hundred of years:  import vs. export.  Even more so in the industrial age. Every country wants to bring money INTO its economy by exporting goods and services.  When governments apply tariffs or quotas on imports, the foreign counterparts do the same thing, so then your own exports go down, severely limiting growth.  Its political cat and mouse, trying to keep the foreign markets open (by allowing imports) and figuring out how to export MORE than you import.  There are people who devote all their time and energy to these things.

Check out  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_trade and look at the various models/theories they cover.

Also, here is another take on Detroit laxness. A bit superficial, but you get the idea:

10 Cars That Sank Detroit

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/flowchart/2008/11/14/10-cars-that-sank-detroit.html

Lou

JRawa@xxxxxxx wrote:
stop importing and buy american....good idea.... but then we'd be a pro-american country and economy... and thats not politically correct in the modern world...