To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2008 3:59 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 1956 New yorker

IMHO, pride-of-ownership, in any car, depends on what you do with the
car, in driving, or in
showing/displaying  it.

If you're just going to drive it around town, and go out to dinner in
it, it probably will
give decent service, as-is (maybe...).

If you're going to take it to any shows/meets, OTHER than to where any
FWDLK'ers gather, it might
also get some oohs and aahs, from Chebbie-philes/hot-rodders.

The white paint and white leather interior will also hold up to summer
sun and heat.

If I were prepared , definitely,  to sink  another $2-$3K on restoring
its interior, and maybe re-painting it to its OEM
color(s), and IF the car could be bought for less than about $20k, I
might be interested in this car,
with its aftermarket wheels (which I probably also would try to sell,
and to retrofit with the OEM style wheels).

Restoring the engine compartment is fairly straight Forward(look).

Of course, there's also the 'slight' question as to how WELL the car
might run and operate!!!

I would prefer to buy a car from a long-term owner, than from a Dealer.

Neil Vedder

John McCann wrote:
It looks like a great car to me, I would be proud to own it. The
reserve isn't met yet and the auction is getting ready to close.
John