Re: [FWDLK] 58 Coronet Hemi

ALIENVOICE@xxxxxxx wrote:
*Is this car legit? I thought the 57 Dodge D500 had the last Dodge Hemi until 63 or 64? Not interested in buying, but wondering??

Larry

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1958-DODGE-CORONET-with-FACTORY-INSTALLED-HEMI-RARE_W0QQitemZ200279235354QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6200QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem*

My humble tidbit of info: altho the valvecovers appear to be 'dimpled' That is Not the style of dimple I would expect to see on a 354. Chrysler or Dodge. I would expect to dee the round dimples on the Dodge baby hemi's

I HAVE seen Desoto and Dodge hemi's miss-identified, "Yups that's a 392 all right"

I do seem to recall that 354's were available from 56 to 58. And yups, in some Dodge applications you can find 354's. (think mainly trucks, and the D-501 cars for 57 and 58)

AND since it only has a 120 mph speedo, I would research the car more before accepting the potential of it being a D501 (other experts free to chime in and continue my education here)

--
Paul Holmgren
Mine: 2 57 300-C's in Indy