[FWDLK] Trans-Xstatic. ...

A couple weeks ago I was complaining that a trannie fluid swap hadn't
solved my car's transmission's reluctance to engage the forward gears,
without a prolonged delay.

The fluid swap did correct a slow Reverse engagement.

I installed a pint of Trans X last weekend, and the forward gears
engaged somewhat/noticibly better, almost immediately.

I wondered how long it might take to have the Trans X fully saturate the
forward pump seal, this week, as the car was not driven during the work
week (the rain we experienced delayed the next drive-day, until today).

Well, immediately upon engaging a forward gear (the 2.76 gearset lets me
drive in 2nd all-around town) after backing out of the driveway, the car
went into motion like a brand-new car!

Great stuff, Trans X !

Also, I finally got around to replacing the car's thermostat (because
the car was running too-cool) and discovered that the T-stat had
apparently stuck-fully-open, so that it wasn't able to regulate the
operating heat of the coolant.

What I also discovered was that the T-stat was date-coded 2-57 !!!!!!

That was the OEM thermostat (the car was built on 3/23/57) apparently,
that had finally died, sometime last year.

The new "premium" T-stat works fine, and the coolant warms-up quite
nicely and quickly, now, and the car runs better, too.

Life is good.

Neil Vedder