Re: [FWDLK] lash

Bob,
According to my 1968 Motors' repair manual, with the lifter on the base circle(valve closed), you apply steady pressure on the pushrod end of the rocker until the lifter bottoms out then measure the gap between the valve stem and the rocker. The measurement range is .060" - .210", for the 60s "B" engines, I would guess your engine would call for similar specs. The more even you can get the pre-load on the lifters, the smoother the engine will run.

Mike