Re: [FWDLK] Rhode Island Junkyard Crushing out

I guess you called ‘dibs’ then.  Is that a D500?

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of '57 Super D500
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 1:08 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Rhode Island Junkyard Crushing out

WOW! That is a lot of cars!

I found ‘mine’:

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/bkl89/?action="">

Van: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] Namens Dave Stragand
Verzonden: dinsdag 9 december 2008 18:46
Aan: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Onderwerp: [FWDLK] Rhode Island Junkyard Crushing out

Not mine!  But I found this link on a DMC forum to a pust on a Rustang forum.  Could be some interesting things up there!

From http://www.mustangforums.com/forum/classic-mustang-general-discussion/498652-largest-mustang-junkyard-nobody-knows-of-is-crushing-everything.html

http://s214.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/bkl89/

This guy has collected HUNDREDS of acres of cars! NOBODY knows about this place. Its in the middle of nowhere in RI. The owner is working on CRUSHING all these vintage cars! He has been instructed by the state to get rid of all the cars. It will take years to crush all these cars and the owner is 70 years old. I have no idea what will become of the largest junkyard I have ever seen. Nobody knows of this place. Thousands of these classics will go to waste. Here is mostly mustang pictures I took . There us Hundreds of 64-71 Mutangs. Boss, mach 1, many many convertibles, K codes, fastbacks.. Maybe shelbys? The owner is crazy. He's always drunk is very hard to deal with. He's in another world. He said he personally DROVE nearly all the cars in a field in the 60's-70 and left them there for dead. Many are rusted beyond repair. But there still many parts cars. It will take about two weeks of walking 5 hours a day to see all the cars here. Plus many of them are so buried in overgrown trees and prickers there is no way to see them. I seen a dozen complete 392 hemi cars. This guy refuses to advertise, so nobody knows about it. Believe it or not the guy is still buying cars and driving them in the woods. The last time i was there the owner bought a running 60's mustang and drove it in the woods to be left for dead.

Some people may see these pictures and see this and think this mess is illegal, well it may be, but the state is aware of it and they have ordered him to clean it up. He is cleaning it, just very slowly. He is 70 years old and when he dies or goes fully blind (he is almost blind) The junkyard will be taken over by the state and over 20,000 classic cars will be destroyed. I do not have the owners phone number. He will sell parts or cars, but is hard to deal with and if you go there he will usually walk you to the
car you need parts for if he's not too drunk. He will not let you wander around the yard by yourself to look at whatever you want.

I know I will get endless emails about this so I will give you all the info I have right here.

If you want to see this massive junkyard from a map view I found it on google maps. You can see the cars scattered in the woods.
According to google maps location is called "brant trail". Scroll left from that location and follow the trail of junk in the woods.

Heres a direct link.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=16&iwloc=addr

If you want to see the yard the address is:

60 weaver hill road
West Greenwich, RI
02817

According to google maps location is called "brant trail"