[FWDLK] wayne makurdsik inserts

i spoke with him [wayne] at this past carlisle- as far as i know the only sets produced beside my mylar inserts were from a person in canada- and they are not 58 pattern but a diamond patterned aluminum used for air conditioning condensors- that resembles 57 fury pattern slightly. apparently some movie cars used this as well accoring to the christine club sites

as far as wayne's inserts, at carlisle the qtr inserts were still not tooled- only door and fender sections were cut- he had the samples hanging at our tent.  he listed his machinery on ebay- and sold it- and would not disclose who the buyer was- this is going back to aug/september... my friend joe in NY was supposedly promised the remnants of the failed embossing equipment- and [we] were going to work on rebuilding the machinery and finishing the project.
since the machinery was sold- i havent spoken to wayne- i know he hit the lottery, so the insert adventure may not be worth the labor.

he does however make the 58 lower grill stainless and it is a nice product

his christine club name is "waynes sport tone reproductions" and his ebay handle is quite the same from what i know of.

i dont really know wayne, i just became one of his biggest advocates- [even though he'd put my little sport tone gig out of business]
if the machinery hadnt failed it would have been the best insert next to originals. the gold anodize was a little too yellow, but the silver inserts were pretty much perfect i'd say.
one of the reasons i think the rollers failed is he tried to run thin stainless through it- to no avail...