To: <L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2008 2:42 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Fwd: Fw: How old is Grandpa???...... Just a reminder.... lol

Sorry to burst anyone's age-bubble, on the subject "grandfather's " minimum age, but, Philo Farnsworth gets credit for filing a patent on television, in 1927, and I think that the earliest TV broadcast occurred in 1939, so our mythological grandfather, if he was born "before television" would be at least 69 years old (from 1939) and could be well over 81 years (depending upon disputes as to whom actually gets credit for inventing television, and when),
not "59", as the internet-posting indicates.

Unless TV happened to arrive at his home town in  1949.

Neil Vedder

Bill Parker wrote:
Well I know we're off topic here. But...a coincidence...my step-grandmother died recently. She was the oldest person in the world at the time she died...age 115. At the funeral we got to talking about all the changes she has seen...wow!

Bill & Kathi Parker, South Central Indiana '60 Chrysler Saratoga kustom; '62 Plymouth Max Wedge; '64 Dart convertible; '65 Barracuda \6; '65 Imperial; '68 Barracuda FB 340-S; '69 Barracuda FB now 360; '70 Challenger now 440; '72 Cuda '340