Re: [FWDLK] POINTS TO PONDER

Admittedly, I do not know the definitive answer, on the question of what "WCFB" stands for, but, if I might interject some logic into this discussion : If William Carter used his initials to brand-identify his early-50's white-cast -metal carburetors, it stands to reason that when his company created the aluminum-bodied improved-versions of them that he would have chosen WCAFB or WCAC as being their (new) brand-identification.

It is not logical that Mr. Carter would not have been sufficiently proud of his new creation so as not to continue to use his eponymous (self-named) brand identity on his new carbs.------that's a lot of 'negatives', but, IMHO, I don't see why he wouldn't have "continued" to use his "WC" initials on his mo-better aluminum bodied carbs,
IF  he had used his initials on his  earlier white-cast-metal carbs.

Neil Vedder

Wayne Graefen wrote:
There are multiple definitions of WCFB and I don't know that anywhere in Carter literature was any one ever said to be the only one nor was any other ever said to be wrong. I personally favor "William Carter Four Barrel" (after the founder of the company)but many people prefer "White Cast Four Barrel" (after the metal of the majority of the metal parts) and "Wrought Cast Four Barrel" was new to me upon seeing it on the list this morning. There were 21 of the 300D EFI cars built according to factory records. Thirty five has always been the total number of '58 Mopars discussed and rumored as having been built so that leaves 14 amongst DeSoto, Dodge and Plymouth as there definitely were no Imperials. Wayne G