Re: [FWDLK] Fuel tank removal, '57 Chrysler Saratoga.

And on early production 57’s, there is also a clamp that secures the tube to the tank, down under the car.

From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of jrawa@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2009 1:22 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Fuel tank removal, '57 Chrysler Saratoga.

to get the filler tube out of the 57-9s, carefully remove the grommet/bushing at the top of the filler tube, just below the gas cap, this will give it free movement- if it is real tight or hardened, put a few drops of 3in1 or wd40 on it-  grab the end of the tube with a channel lock- not too hard to ival it out, but enough to grip- twist bacn and forth a bit as it frees up, pull it towards you while twisting- it will come straight out.  a few squirts on the tank o ring never hurts either- usually if the upper grommet is tight- once the tube is out of the tank, a firm tug at the end will bring it out with the tube.