[FWDLK] 2009 CI&P Meet Additional Events...

[FWDLK] 2009 CI&P Meet Additional Events...

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to pass along this new CI&P Meet schedule of events as the Sunday activities have changed with the addition of a visit to the Delta Queen Hotel.

Also, we are only 2 weeks away from the Spring Anniston Packard & Imperial Meet.  I have information about the Anniston Meet and the Victoria Hotel at: http://home.chattanooga.net/~soule/alapac/

The Tennessee Valley Region of the Walter P. Chrysler Club and the Soules' cordially invite all owners and/or enthusiasts of all pre 1978 C-Body, Forward Look, and earlier, Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler, Imperial, and Packard products to attend the Chattanooga Chrysler, Imperial, & Packard Meet in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the weekend of May 22 - 24, 2009.  We are also delighted to extend invitations for this year to the Alabama Packard Club, the Scenic City A's, Model A Ford Club, and clubs or owners of any make of original pre WWII vehicle.  If your car club would like to attend please send an email to Robert Soule, we will be glad to have you and your pre WWII car attend, no matter the make! (Please, no street rods or modified vehicles)

Make your plans now to attend the 2009 Chattanooga Chrysler, Imperial, & Packard Meet. We had an excellent meet last year and we are looking forward to another fine meet in Chattanooga for 2009. Tons of pictures with accompanying text of past Chattanooga Meets can be found and at: http://home.chattanooga.net/~soule/mt06/  Information about the 2009 Meet can be found below.  Last year's meet was a blast and this years should be just as much fun, if not more! And remember -- this meet is open to *ALL* C Body Chrysler products and any brand pre WWII! So polish that chrome, wax that paint, shine those tires, and come to the 2009 Chattanooga Chrysler, Imperial and Packard Meet in Chattanooga, TN, on May 22nd, 23rd, and 24th.

Come celebrate the past in all its glory with us.  It is sure to be an event like no other and one you will remember for a lifetime.  There will be plenty of fun, food, period music, and of course automobiles!

Please, as most of this event is held at a private residence, pets are not allowed.

Schedule of events for the 2009 Chattanooga Meet:

For Directions to Chattanooga, Soddy-Daisy, TN, and Soules', send an email to soule@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Note - Please complete the registration below if you plan to attend the Chattanooga Meet. *We need to know how many to expect for the Friday night dinner at the drive-in  and the Sunday evening cookout.*

We would also like to know what make and model car you plan to bring to the Meet. Email: soule@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Friday - Early Evening - May 22nd- Gathering at the Soule's residence, placement of vehicles on the display field, and preliminary tour of Robert's garage and cars.

Friday Evening Dinner, We will meet for an informal hamburger/hot dog cookout at 7:00 pm at the Soule's.  During dinner, guest will be treated to an old style radio broadcast with a live piano concert via the Soule's 1923 Weber Duo-Art Reproducing Player Piano and period Chrysler, Packard, and other period commercials.  After dinner, I am sure there will be more tire kicking and driving.

Saturday Morning and early afternoon - May 23rd - Meet and drive, kick tires, share stories, tell lies, drool, etc., at the Soule home.

Saturday Evening - Dinner will be an old style southern barbeque with all the trimmings (modest cost TBA) after which we will be treated to a concert from the Scenic City Sound, a wonderful early 1900s period barbershop quartet.   After dark, we will be showing a classic movie Saturday night on a large outdoor screen complete with real movie theater popcorn!  This was a big hit last year.

Sunday - May 24th - We will depart from the Soule's at 10:45 am for a road trip to Fall Creek Falls State Park for lunch and to view the beautiful park and falls.  The lunch buffet is excellent and only $10.95.  More information about the park can be found at:  http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/FallCreekFalls/index.shtml

Sunday Evening Dinner -  Those that have gathered at the Soule's by 6:00 PM will caravan to the Red Bank, TN Sonic drive-in for dinner. After dinner, we will proceed just a few miles further south to downtown Chattanooga where we will have dessert aboard the steamboat Delta Queen.  Dessert will be followed by cocktails in the Texas Lounge.   The Delta Queen, now removed from regular passenger service, was recently docked in Chattanooga to serve as The Delta Queen Hotel

Click here to view video I shot of the Delta Queen's last river excursion on February 12, 2009.

Accommodations - No hotel accommodations have been reserved specifically for this event.   *** The Only HOTEL IN SODDY DAISY is the Hometown Inn.***   Located in beautiful downtown Soddy-Daisy and just 5 miles from the Soule's residence this Hotel would be the closest place for attendees to stay.  The Hotel is only a couple of years old.  Take a look at their web site at:  http://www.hometowninnsoddydaisy.com/  Honestly, the owners are not as friendly as they should be so you should consider the hotels in Hixson.  Call (423) 332-7755 for reservations.

Other good alternatives are: Home Away Extended Stay Hotel in Hixson (423) 643-4663 (I highly recommended the Home Away Hotel), the Holiday Inn in Hixson (423) 877-6464 or the Hampton Inn also in Hixson (423) 877-3100, Tennessee all three are located on the north side of Chattanooga and are easily accessible from Interstate 75, 24, and Hwy 153. Either would provide a good, centrally located base from which to operate.  There are other accommodations readily available in the Hixson, TN, area.  Please do consider making your hotel reservations as early as possible.

For a truly unique hotel alternative I would suggest the new Delta Queen Hotel located some 23 miles south of the CI&P Meet in downtown Chattanooga.  Contact them at: (423)209-2943 or email: reservations@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  The commute from the hotel to the meet is almost all freeway (via US 27 north) and only takes about 25 minutes.

All hotel reservations are the responsibility of each individual.

Directions/information For Directions to Chattanooga, Soddy-Daisy, TN, and Soules', send an email to soule@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Be sure to bring your lawn chairs to enjoy under the shade trees at the Soules' house!

Questions or lost?  Robert's phone numbers: (423) 313-4282

DIRECTIONS to the 2009 CI&P Meet:

The location of the Meet is about 20 miles north of Chattanooga and 5 miles east of Soddy Daisy, TN.  Please email Robert for directions at: soule@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Free Dash Plaques for the first 40 cars!

Car Registration FREE!

General Admission Only $7.00 Per Person

Food, Fun, Old Music, & Old Cars!

Please - No Street Rods

Robert M. Soule, III

My Assortment Of Cars & Junk!

1923 Weber Duo-Art Reproducing Piano

2009 Chattanooga Chrysler. Imperial, & Packard Meet

Tribute To My Late Father

Politicians and diapers need to be changed - mostly for the same reason!