Re: [FWDLK] 1961 newyorker window handle removal

Re: [FWDLK] 1961 newyorker window handle removal

Anth, you can make a door handle removal tool out of an old butter knife (others will tell you how to do that) but, if you will position the window crank so that its arm is oriented to the 9:00 position, you can exert your force directly downward and against the square-clip which is holding the window crank-body to the door's window rotating-arm.

There is really only one direction of attack for that that square clip, to release its grip onto the rotating-arm, so, positioning the crank arm towards 9:00 allows for the easiest leverage (downward), between the crank assembly base
and the door's rotating arm guy

Neil Vedder

.aremajl wrote:
Hi;

I am trying to remove the window crank handle on a 61. It has never been removed. The crank has a black plastic bushing behind it. I can push the panel in enough to see the shaft but I cannot see a clip to remove. Does anyone know how to remove this handle. Any help would be appreciated

Anthony