Re: [FWDLK] Radio Antenna Secrets

Today I installed the fender mounted radio antenna in my 58 Plymouth. Here's how it's done.

My car originally had a factory installed radio. So there was no removable plate in the right side inner fender. I had to use a die grinder with a small cutoff wheel to cut out the access hole so that I could feed the antenna thru the hole and into the fender.

My next concern was locating the 3/4" hole in order to feed the antenna lead thru so that it comes out by the passenger kick panel. This turned out to be much easier than anticipated, as the hole is located directly opposite, and about 6" above, the access hole. I cut the access hole large enough so that I could stick my hand thru the hole. So feeding the wire was no problem. I slipped the diagonally cut chrome bezel over the antenna base the came out thru the fender hole and locked it in place with the hex nut. The chrome bezel is keyed so that it only mounts one way. Then I screwed the threaded black plastic piece in place above the nut. Hooked up the antenna lead to the radio and it worked.  Yay !

Ron