Re: [FWDLK] Tranny mount

Years ago, the same thing happened to my car.

The trannie cushion was not deteriorated but was neatly separated longitudinally.

What I did, back then, was simply to glue together the halves, as it was apparent that the transmission's weight was holding the two sections together. I think that I also wrapped the repaired mount with electrician's tape, to add to its "togetherness".

Years later, when the trannie was replaced by a water-cooled guy, I had bought a replacement mount, from Atlas Motor Parts. so I installed that piece. At that time, the glued-together mount was still intact.

Now, Atlas, and other sources , sell that mount, and the engine mounts, too, on Ebay, regularly.

If you can't find a trannie mount, right now, on the 'pay, Atlas' website should have them for direct-sale.

Neil Vedder

Marg & Don wrote:
Just pulled the torque flite out of my '59 Belvedere to replace seals. Found the rubber mount on the rear of the tranny seperated. Are there any mounts out there that would fit as it is hard to find a replacement? Don from Alberta

FREE Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here! <http://www.incredimail.com/index.asp?id=109096&rui=73331608>