Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] Fuel Filter Available

Re: [FWDLK] [Chrysler300] Fuel Filter Available

Folks:

     I have a piece of Carter literature dated April 1950 which shows both glass and metal filter bowls that were either clamped or screwed into the base mounting for $2.10 each.  In those days there was only one ceramic filter for everything for 75 cents each.  The pictures look as if they would be now called the miniature ceramic filter.

     There was also a jumbo "Foursome" ceramic fuel filter for large industrial applications for $5.25 each.  They also offered a ten pack of replacement ceramic filters with gaskets for $11.49 for the ten pack.  Individual ceramic filters were 98 cents each.  You do the math on dealer markup.

     I have later Carter literature and the only change is the addition of standard to the miniature ceramic filters and some inline disposable filters.  Carter recommended either the miniature or standard ceramic filter for most cars including nearly all MoPars whether they be two barrel, or dual quad applications.

     I started collecting Carter fuel filters years ago and have more than enough to last my life time and perhaps the life time of my MoPar since I don't drive it much.

     John

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322936x1201367173/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd=Mayfooter51209NO115)