[FWDLK] up date on starting problem

Well I checked everyting out as per everyones replies and below is what I did and what I found.

I cleaned all connections at battery and they looked great no corrosion. Voltage was staying at 5.8 to 6.5 so this area is great.

I cleaned and soldered the small connectors on the starter relay next to the batterie and they seem fine now. I diid not check any power after this or did I try it { will check tomorrow sometime}

I removed the grounding wire from the rear of the engine to the fire well and the one on the fire well was loose so I fixed that.

I checked the positive side of th batterie that is connected under the generator and this looks tight.

I do not know if the heavy cables that look great at each end are good under the factory crimp { corrosion} but if needed I can change them but if the amp draw is high I will go this route.

I put my batterie load tester on and the batterie seems fine holding in green under a load.

My next step will be to check the starter amp draw and the key switch ? as The wire from the key switch I think goes to the starter relay { I should have 6 volts there} and when I turn on the key to start it should give me the same voltage going to the relay ! but I was thinking the starting relay may be acting up and causing the resistance and dropping the voltage at the ignition coil/ perntoixs control. as this relay has been on the car for over 20 years as I have had the car 18 years I have cleaned it up and painted it but finding another one is hard.

I will keep every one posted on my findings and if anyones has more advice I will be open to suggestions and recommendations as I would like to resolve this and I do know I can run a hot wire to bypass turning the key and make sure 6 volts are there.

Thanks again

Chuck