[FWDLK] Radiator Cap inexpensive solution '57-61

[FWDLK] Radiator Cap inexpensive solution '57-61

I was in a Tractor Supply store today and stumbled across an inexpensive solution for an interchange for '57-61 radiator caps - I think all makes and models.   The Ford tractor radiator cap is the right two-ear shape, right neck depth, right appearance.  Your original was 15 lbs pressure.  This is 13 lbs pressure.       I'm not familiar with 55-56 rad caps but there are different part numbers in the parts book and then one part number '57-61.    Many of our radiator cores aren't up to taking the 15 lbs pressure any more any way but if yours is, then you should use a 15 lb cap as that is what it was engineered to have.

http://tinyurl.com/qw5e3k     In the picture the cap is shown without a brass center rivet but the actual cap I bought is brass riveted and so was your original.   If you enlarge the picture on the web page you can read "Motorcraft" in the center depression of that cap.  The cap I bought does NOT have Motorcraft stamped in it.  Check the one at your store before you purchase.

Considering some Mopar suppliers get $15-30 for their radiator caps, I won't tell anyone mine was intended to go on a F__d tractor.

Wayne Graefen