[FWDLK] Fwd: [FWDLK] Power Steering Hose

Hey Ron I started to use heavier hydraulic hose. I had the same issue on my 59. Most parts places are feeling the pains of cheaply made junk from mexico and china. I would look for a fork lift type hose, they are really durable.

Jimmy

From: ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 6/5/2009 9:57:01 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time
Subj: [FWDLK] Power Steering Hose

Hey Everyone -

The low pressure power steering hose on my 58 Plymouth with slipper type
pump has two issues. The first is that it 'sweats' what is probably power
steering fluid and needs to be wiped down periodically. It's just a small
amount, which gives the hose a shiny appearance.

The second problem is that when I recently swapped out the pump for a
different one, I noticed that the hose had swollen noticeably. It had to be
clamped down with a spring clamp to hold it in place. Note: This was NAPA
power steering hose, not heater hose.

Any thoughts ?

Ron