From: Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Jun 30, 2009 8:44 am
Subject: [FWDLK] Correct Octane Gas for Our Cars

Hi Gang -

I've always used mid-grade octane gasoline for my 58 Plymouth with a 318. Here on the east coast, mid-grade is 89 octane. I was told recently that 87 octane would be fine for this engine. When I questioned this in comparison to the old 89 octane leaded gas that we used to put in our cars, I was told that octane is now calculated differently and, again, the 87 octane would be fine.

What do most folks use for small blocks engines like the 318 ?

Thanks,

Ron