From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Apfelbeck
Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 7:23 PM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] oil seal installation

Drive it in with a big socket, or borrow a seal driver, the lip with the garter spring faces the oil side(inside). A few drops of oil or a smear of grease on the seal lip is all you need for lube. Put a light smear of Permatex # 1 sealer or silicone gasket stuff on the od of the seal before driving it in. If the seal surface of the crank balancer is grooved, take it down to the parts store and ask for a " speedy sleeve" to put on it to restore the seal surface.

Mike