Re: [FWDLK] Correct Octane Gas for Our Cars

Re: [FWDLK] Correct Octane Gas for Our Cars

The July issue of Goodtimes Gazette from the GoodGuys hot rodders organization has a just outstanding large two page article called "The Truth About Gasoline".  Everyone needs to read it and keep a copy of it on file.    Their mag is 10" x 12" full color format recently.

While the article has to get fairly technical to cover this nationally highly complex subject, there is a US map and a graph to help with our understanding that there are 14 different government mandated blands of conventional reformulated and oxygenated gasoline available at local gas stations depending on where you live!

If you know someone from whom you can borrow the July issue to read and photo copy, I would greatly recommend it.

And oh by the way, yes, I'd say 87 octane should be adequate in a stock 318 depending on the local blend and how you have the engine timed and jetted.

Wayne G