Re: [FWDLK] Research project

I think I do Ed...are you coming to Carlisle?   I provided a summary of this discussion from last year in my 1957 Fury Restorer's Guide.  I include about 7 discussion letters that were offered by GFS and Forward Look members.  No one seems to have seen a truly domed piston coming out of any engine. The possible pin to top of piston length is offered as a possible variation.  Further no unique part number has been found in the parts book which in and of itself causes the biggest mystery to the marketing claim.

Finally a check of Plymouth Product Information news for June 1957 provides kit ordering information to upgrade the 277, 301 or 318 for FURY performance and no mention of pistons..In fact it says for the 318 only cam and tappets need be ordered.  Now perhaps the cam in the kit (p/n 1735966) is an upgrade from the standard FP-31 cam and the pistons are already domed?

Time to get on the road....Marv     Space N-122 when I am there....