From: Dave Stragand <dave.stragand@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tue, Jul 14, 2009 11:17 am
Subject: [FWDLK] Chryslers at Carlisle (All Chrysler Nationals) Feedback

Hi All,

I'd like to do what we can to make the Carlisle event even better for Forward Look'ers.  Folks have suggested a few of the following things, and I was hoping that y'all could chime in with your two cents either to me directly, or on here as to your thoughts are with any of the following.  I'll do what we can to make it even better for Forward Looks at Carlisle #12!
  • Bring back the drive-in.  I now have a 18' diagonal outdoor drive-in screen, and we can have a REAL drive in for anyone who wants to attend on a lawn chair, or via FM transmission to their car.  We can show any of the old Forward Look videos, Miss Belvedere footage, or even a public domain movie.  (I've done this very successfully for my DeLorean club, and it turned out to be an awesome event -- http://backyardtheater.com/forums/index.php?topic=3044.0)
  • Increase 'hang-out' time at the tent, for folks to meet each other.  We can do this by having a Friday dinner in addition to Saturday's, and also by providing a lunch(es) Friday and/or Saturday. Either would fill the time leading up to the drive-in nicely.
  • For the saturday dinner, we can go 'all out' with a Pig Roast or the like, and invite the DeSoto, 300, and Christine folks to join us.
  • Provide Forward Look nametags we can wear with our name, vehicle(s), and/or forums screen names.
  • Increase our tent size to 20x30', from the 20x20'.
  • Have a central message board for folks to pin up for sale/wanted items
  • Develop and display better signage and handouts for the tent.
  • Acquire a vendor spot to share amongst us all.  The 300 folks do this as well, and take turns staffing the booth.  Anyone from the club can bring parts to display and sell, but everyone selling needs to take a turn at the booth.  Sellers keep their cell phone number at the booth so those staffing it can relay price negotiations as necessary with any buyers.
  • Book a block of rooms at a nearby hotel for the group.
Those have been a few of the suggestions.  Please feel free to make other suggestions as well.  In any event, I would really appreciate getting some feedback on these and other items.  Let me know what you'd most like to see, and we'll do our best to get everything rolling for Carlisle 2010.
Thanks!
-Dave