Sent: Monday, October 19, 2009 6:07 PM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Crash Test: 1959 vs. 2009

I work on new cars everyday and yes the safety equipment is definitely a plus, crumple zones, seat belts (which all of my old cars have installed), collapsible steering columns, air bags, ect. but there is noooo way in hell that new Malibu (which by the way I'm a Body Shop manager in a Chevy dealership, I've had them apart), could rip thru a full frame car like that. I'd put that '59 up against two new Malibus and throw an Aveo in just for the hell of it.It's a "Look how safe we make you, now give us your money" ad. Next thing you know the cry-baby a$$holes will use that video to push their clunker bills. What a bunch of B.S.
Adam Lindenbaum
An eye-opener of a test, but couldn't they have proven their point just as well by destroying an UGLY old car instead, like a '59 Lincoln?   : ^)

Greg Robertson
Principal+Creative Director
PowerFlite Communications
53 Upton Street