From: Forward Look Mopar Discussion List [mailto:L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Bjwt56@xxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 6:39 AM
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Brake fluid

Don:

     When I put my 56 back together I put DOT 5 brake fluid in it and everything is fine.  One nice thing about DOT 5 is that it will not harm paint when spilled on it.  I was warned that DOT 5 would cause the cylinder seals to deteriorate, so I soaked some seals in DOT 5 for a couple months before I put the fluid in the car.  Nothing happended to the seals and I have been running the stuff for at least a decade.

     John