From: jrawa@xxxxxxx <jrawa@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] 56 Fury Question
To: L-FORWARDLOOK@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, December 10, 2009, 12:15 PM

hi allen,

the color code from ditzler- available from the GFS site- mixes to a modern color that isnt exact... the gold spray paint from mopar is also very wrong.  here is a photo of original paint 57 fury air cleaners, with 58 air cleaners in the background- painted with a modern mix of the ditzler code- the difference is evident.  i had luck taking an air cleaner lid to the dupli-color section and matched it best that way- for a 57 fury over 10 yrs ago- if that color is still available i dont know.  i will be matching the original 57 air cleaners to modern paint when i get my 57 on the rotisserie!

below is a gold i chose to use on a 58 commando setup- off from original, but closer that the mopar gold

by modern standards- if it looks nice- its good- there are so many allegedly correct colors out there.... especially on ebay!