[FWDLK] Just How Fast Were The Cars Back Then?

[FWDLK] Just How Fast Were The Cars Back Then?

Check out the 1958 Merc. Admittedly optimized for drag racing with a 4.56:1 rear end, but I don't think it was faster than the 300s or the hot Furies or Dodges back in the day.

http://www.purestockdrags.com/2007-files/results_2007.xls

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvvDibdO3cM&feature=youtube_gdata&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Pure-Stock-Drags_Videos+%28Pure+Stock+Drags%3A+Videos%29

Bill Huff