Re: [FWDLK] Imperial Valve Covers Question

Not to doubt Wayne's expertise, but the 56 Imperial that I removed the 354 from in 1963 was in an insurance yard with a wrecked front end and severe right frame damage and had been there at least 2 years. It was very low mileage, in the twentys IFRC and had no evidence of any work on the engine. I had it in my posession for over a year and it most certainly had the valve covers stamped "IMPERIAL" as I was somewhat disappointed that they weren't the "FIREPOWER" covers as I intended to put the engine in my 58 Fury. Much cooler to a 16 year old kid. Dick
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 9:57 AM
Subject: Re: [FWDLK] Imperial Valve Covers Question

There was only one year that Chrysler Imperials left the factory with "I M P E R I A L" stamped into their valve covers and that was 1958.   1951 through 1957 Imperials all employed the "Chrysler Firepower" script valve covers, the same as standard Chrysler.

Of course the '58 Imperial valve covers will bolt onto any '51-58 331-354-392 engine so long as it does not have adjustable lifters requiring the dimples for adjuster clearance.

Wayne G