[FWDLK] Overhauling

...Beginning the project of taking apart the ebay Bendix canister
parts-booster that I've got,, to see what it can provide when I take
apart my 'hissing' booster (which apparently has a vacuum leak which
merely means that the car's braking system may have reverted to a full
manual system---in which case, manual brakes are no big deal and I can
see why it/they were not a universal-option, like the T/Flite and P/S
were).

Anyway, I find that the donor-guy has a couple of small vinyl-type
seals/sleeves, .....which are located at the  far (inboard) end of the
booster, where the curved-ends of the actuation forks attach to the
booster body, ....are badly deteriorated.

That whole inboard-rear area looks like it could use some servicing, but
the booster's main flat-rubber seal, and its underlying  wax impregnated
rope-seal and the thin rubber perimeter-case seal all look good.

So, I'll have the donor-boy's case and mounting plate be blasted and
powder coated and install them when I remove Mr. Hissy-Fitting, to
clean/lube/adjust his main flat rubber-seal and its wax impregnated rope
seal (which apparentlly maintains the flat seal's contact against the
inside of the canister).

Unless anyone else has any thoughts/inputs on this dope deal.

Has anyone ever re-waxed that rope seal?--If Mr Wrecking-Yard still has
a very decent condition rope seal, my car's rope seal ought to be in
good condition, too.

Neil Vedder