Re: [FWDLK] INTERCHANGEABLE HEADS AND INTAKE MANIFOLD

Re: [FWDLK] INTERCHANGEABLE HEADS AND INTAKE MANIFOLD

All Dodge Hemi heads will fit on all 55 - 58 Dodge Poly engines, and when those engines are installed in a 55 - early 56 Plymouth. Some considerations:
1. Dodge 315/325 Poly engines had relocated pushrod holes in the block, requiring a boss cast toward the engine center at the head/block interface. This may not seal with Hemi heads on a tall Poly block. No problem with the short stroke blocks.
2. The location of valve notches in the pistons are different. May not be a problem for lower compressions and stock cams.
3. All stock cams are wimpy. To take advantage of the improved Hemi heads will require a reground cam with additional lift and duration.
4. Only Hemi exhaust manifolds fit Hemi heads. Poly exhaust manifolds are totally different.
5. Hemis used different length pushods.

Dave Homstad
56 Dodge D500