Re: [FWDLK] Hissy-fitting brake booster

OK: fuggedaboutit---I hear you, thanks;....I was hoping that the pedal-swap
might have been a simple procedure/experiment (NOT-)....

But, FWIW, the "manual-braking" effort, when the power assist has been lost,
is not any major effort or ordeal to endure, and absolutely nothing to be feared
(like a complete loss of brake fluid is).

Kinda-really looking Forward to the full power braking effect of that reconditioned
booster assembly, as compared to what's happening now, with the reportedly
full-manual-braking effort that is required.

The major stopping difference will probably be felt during a concerted braking effort.

And, that's a scary thought, because the 11x3" Bendix's on Horrie, now, are plenty powerful enuf---it would be neat to see how well they could perform, when controlled by an ABS system, because 'you' can lock them up, with an OEM power brake system.

Thinking back, now, I don't recall that I have been able to lock up the Bendix's, in the
full-manual mode--altho I never had to try an expedited stop maneuver...

I was kind of hoping that the manual-pedal might have allowed for more brake pedal feel
or modulation.

Neil Vedder

jrawa@xxxxxxx wrote:
57-59, just as earlier hung pedal assemblies- requires an entire hanging pedal assembly- so.. plan on steering column removal and unbolting the lower half of the dash from the side jambs to wing it out- i usually swap in the power assembly when the body is still a shell.. on the way back together- if i opt to do so.... the pedal has a lever above the lower swinging arm- the carrier/support has an elongation where it pivitos up and through, im pretty sure the fulcrum point is also a little different- aiding in the advantage ratio change